About Leak Detection
Hydrogen Gas Method
Hydrogen gas method is used in leak detection of underground water leaks. This method is based on the injection of a low concentration of Hydrogen (5%) and Nitrogen (95%) into the water pipe. Hydrogen is the lightest of all gases and easily penetrates materials such as concrete. The actual location is done with a hydrogen gas detector, designed to detect hydrogen only as it escapes from the leak in the pipe. The hydrogen detector is very sensitive and will react to 0.001% of hydrogen in the air. Only Sensistor hydrogen detectors are used. The Sensistor is the world leader in Hydrogen detection, used in water leak detection.
Is Hydrogen really safe?
Hydrogen is non poisonous and non volatile when diluted with nitrogen and humans already have lots of both in our bodies. Standard mixtures of 5% hydrogen and 95% nitrogen are readily available. It is shielding gas in welding of certain alloys.
Water Leak Detection
Water leak detection is done using one or a combination of:-
- Infrared Thermal Imaging
- Hydrogen Gas
- Ground Microphones
- Electronic Listening Pens
- Moisture Meters
- Ultrasonic Equipment
DO YOU HEAR WATER RUNNING EVEN WHEN EVERYTHING IS TURNED OFF?
YOU PROBABLY HAVE A WATER LEAK.
Here’s how to confirm whether there is a water leak on your property…
- Make sure you leave your water supply from the meter turned on.
- Turn off all your taps and toilet inlets to make sure that there is no water running.
- Check your water meter to see if it is turning.
- If the meter is turning, there is a water leak and you need a leak detection to be done.
- Call Detect a Leak 0434 487 886 to come in and find your water leak.
When there is a water leak, you are paying for something that you are not using.
This will cost you tens or even hundreds of dollars a month.