Leaks in showers
Detecting leaks in you shower
Locating Shower Leaks
Showers can leak from many places:
- Through the walls
- Behind the walls
- Through the cracks in the wall and floor tiles
- Around the waste outlet
- Around the taps
- Pipes in the wall
- Where the glass meets the walls
- At the shower taps
- Tiles grout failure
- Through Water Proofing
- Leaking Showers can attract Termites to your Home
- Mould can also develop through leaking showers and moisture
- Mould is a Major Health Hazard
Shower breech failed and leaked into wall and onto passage floor whenever taps were turned on
Shower Leaks can and do attract Termites to your Home
- Termites thrive on moisture and once they become established, they are capable of doing extreme damage to your home. Leaking showers produce perfect conditions for nesting termites.
- Termites are social insects which cause great damage to wooden structures in the home such as frames, joists, bearers, studs, braces, even battens and rafters.
- The elimination of termites by pest controllers is a costly exercise. Once they are detected and eradication processes put into action, then comes the search for the damage they have caused.
- The eradication itself can be very costly, as the exterminator has to dig under your house, concrete driveway, gardens or environs to find the nest.
- If you have a water leak in your shower call “Detectaleak” today to find it for you.